Social Media Ministry
Welcome to the Saint Michael’s Social Media Ministry!
Our Mission: To encourage and spread God’s word, Saint Michael’s Social Justice Opportunity, and create a community of inclusivity and welcome through the breadth and scope of various Social Media Platforms (including You Tube, Twitter, Facebook, Swarm, Instagram, Pinterest, our Mobile App, and our redesigned Website).
Our Bible Inspired Quote: “And he said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.” Mark 16:15
Our Chair: Michelle Ragusa-McBain
When do we meet? We meet the first Wednesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. We alternate between meeting at the Parish, or online. If you would like to be included in the invite, please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should you join:
1. You do not need to be Tech Savvy, if you are willing to learn we can teach you.
2. If you like Photography, we can use you.
3. If you like Videography, we can use you.
4. If you like writing/blogging, we can use you.
5. If you like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, or Pinterest we can use you.
6. If you are a ministry chair, or member, we can use you and your valuable insights.
7. If you care about spreading the good news, we can use you.
8. If you have Web Design skills, we can use you.
9. If you have Calendar Entry, or Event Planning Skills, we can use you.
10. If you have a child or grandchild who is interested in these things, we can use you BOTH!
A Calling to Social:
Pope Francis spoke about a topic near and dear to our hearts. He referred to Social Media as an “ecclesial dimension” of Church communications. His thoughts on Social Media provided a framework for thinking about the Internet, and guidance for using it to “transmit a Church which is home to all.”
- The Pope focused on three main ideas:
- The importance of communications to the Church. This year the Church observes the 50th anniversary of the Decree on the Media of Social Communications Inter Mirifica, which dictates the proper use of media to help teach the word of God. Said Pope Francis, “In the last few decades the various means of communication have evolved significantly, but the Church’s concern remains the same… The world of communications, more and more, has become an ‘environment’ for many, one in which people communicate with one another, expanding their possibilities for knowledge and relationship.”
- The role of the Church with regard to the avenues of communication available. He explained that the communications used for evangelization rely on a dialogue that is of a deeply personal nature. “I believe that the goal is to understand how to enter into dialogue with the men and women of today, to know how to engage this dialogue in order to appreciate their desires, their doubts and their hopes,” said Pope Francis, “…and, with discernment, to use modern technologies and social networks in such a way as to reveal a presence that listens, converses and encourages.”
- The challenge of “bringing others to meet Christ.” The Pope asked, “Are we able to communicate the face of a Church which is ‘home’ to all?…Even in this world of communications, the Church must warm the hearts of men and women. Do our presence and plans measure up to this requirement or do we remain technicians? We hold a precious treasure that is to be passed on, a treasure that brings light and hope.”
• To read the Pope’s full address, visit: The Internet Must Transmit a Church Which is Home to All
Who we are looking to Grow and are in need of the Following:
- Tech Enthusiasts
- Event Planners
- Social Sellers
Let’s Get Social:
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StMichaelTroyNY/
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/saint_michaels_troy/
Follow us on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/stmichaeltroy/pins/
Download the Swarm App for Mobile and Check in!
Follow us at Twitter: https://twitter.com/StMichaelsTroy
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: Saint Michael Troy
Thank you for helping to share and socialize our parish and all we do!